Sundance Film Festival 2018
The Filmmaker Lodge has been a part of Sundance for over 20 years. In the convenient location of the Elks Lodge on Main Street, the space is a premiere meeting location for filmmakers, press and cultivators of the film industry. In addition, the Lodge presents Cinema Cafe, At the Lodge and Hosted Presentations, series of spirited discussions and panels with Artists and Guests of the Film Festival. 2018 featured panels starring Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Steven Soderbergh, Darren Aronofsky, Octavia Spencer, Ashley Judd and Russell Hornsby.
As Venue Manager my responsibility entailed:
- Tracking projected and actual expenses of our venue's budget
- Coordinating the load in and out schedule of our sponsors and production team
- Designing the venue's space, including panel room and lounge, ordering furniture, floral and signage.
- Contracting out the venue's concessionaire and caterer. Liaising with the festival's official coffee provider, Peet's Coffee, to maintain their standards.
- Managing onsite operations throughout the Festival (loading in and out of the panels) and ensured timely resolutions to issues as they rise.
- Creating the schedule and training materials for 15 venue volunteers including my Assistant Manager.
- Providing leadership during setup, operations and tear down.
- Liaising with US Federal Marshals, Park City Police Department and Sundance's Security team for Justice Ginsburg's Panel. Primarily collaborating, creating, coordinating and executing a strategy to get her in and out the venue safely.
Here are just a few of the fabulous panels that were featured at the Filmmaker Lodge in 2018...